ASK A LIBRARIAN if...
Stop in and see us at the front desk, or call 304-788-6901. Open until 9 p.m. most nights.
Zotero is a free software to manage your research. It is an easy to use citation manager that stores your notes and PDFs alongside your citation. Zotero saves citations and PDFs with a simple click! Zotero can also make a Works Cited page for your paper for you.
For more detailed, step-by-step help with Zotero, visit our video tutorial page.
Visit the Zotero webpage (http://www.zotero.org) to install Zotero to your computer.
Why use Zotero?
Do you need help with Zotero?
For even more tips with Zotero, check out the official ALA eBook:
Saving your research log as a PDF
1. Open Zotero
2. Select all of your research (hit CTRL key and A at the same time or click Edit > Select All on the top toolbar)
3. Right click your now completely selected research and select Generate Report from Items...
4. The Zotero Report window will pop up
5. Click File > Print...
6. The Print window will pop up
7. From the Printer Name dropdown menu, select either Microsoft Print to PDF or Adobe PDF (or if a different PDF printer is installed on your computer, use that*)
8. Save the PDF as ENGL 102 Research Log - Yourlastname.pdf
9. Submit this PDF on eCampus to your instructor
If you have any problems while doing this, contact the Library or your instructor for help!
Does your instructor want you to turn in a printed copy instead?
Follow all the same directions, except choose to print to an actual printer, not a PDF printer at step #7.
And you're done!
This short video shows how to create a bibliography from sources in Zotero (PC)
This short video shows how to create a bibliography from sources in Zotero (Mac)